After Googling for quite long, I came across many links, but most of them were tutorials for downloading Eclipse CDT (C/C++ Development Tooling) IDE. I prefer a plugin for the existing IDE, instead of a separate IDE, even though Eclipse.
Installing Eclipse CDT IDE
1. Download from here.
2. Extract the archive, configure, compile and install.
Installing C/C++ Plugin In Eclipse IDE
1. From Help-> Install New Software..., go to the Install window.
2. Enter the location http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/galileo for Eclipse Galileo (3.5) or http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/helios for Eclipse Helios (3.6). Click Add.
3. Select the items you need to install. I selected the following.
(a) Under CDT Main Features
i) Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools
(b) Under CDT Optional Features
i) CDT GNU Toolchain Build Support
ii) CDT GNU Toolchain Debug Support
iii) CDT Utilities
iv) Eclipse C/C++ Development Platform
Note: If you select all, some of the items may not be installed.
Then click Next.
4. You get a review window. Click Next.
5. Accept the terms and conditions and click Finish.
6. After completion of the plugin, Eclipse asks you for a restart. Click Yes.